The villa is beautifully hidden in the middle of a centuries old olive grove in the beautiful surroundings of the old village Lithakia and near the sea. The distance to the beach and to the village is less than two kilometers. All amenities, such as a café and restaurants, a bakery, a supermarket, a pharmacy, hardware store and schools can be found in the village.
The villa, built in 2015, is in an excellent condition. Designed with a view to the future, it is completely self-sufficient in terms of energy and water and is comfortable, both during the summer and the winter period.
The plot is 2,200 sq.m, Around the house are 40 olive trees, a fence covered with honeysuckle and an entrance gate. There is a terrace with flowers and enough space for a vegetable garden or for building a swimming pool. The house is easily accessible and is hidden between the olive fields, so there is a lot of privacy. The villa has its own driveway and a covered parking space.
The living area covers a total of 160 sq.m divided over 2 levels (the ground floor is 80 sq.m and the basement is 80 sq.m). There are 3 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a large living room with an open kitchen and a workspace.
All windows and patio doors in the entire house are equipped with bug screens.
The central living room, with open kitchen, forms the heart of the house. On the same level there are two double bedrooms and a bathroom with walk-in shower. The concrete floor has a warm deep red color.
The stairs lead to the basement. There you will find another double bedroom with an adjoining bathroom with walk-in shower and toilet. In addition, there is a large studio space.
From the living room, a staircase leads to the terrace where a fixed table is placed. A sunscreen provides pleasant shade but there is also enough room to enjoy the sun. From the terrace there is a view of the hills, Lithakia and the mountains of Zakynthos.
The high ceiling in the living room gives the room a very nice spatial atmosphere. In addition, the house remains pleasantly cool in the hot Greek summers. A specially designed ceiling fan lamp provides further cooling.
The winters are mild and if necessary the house is kept comfortably warm with a high efficiency wood stove.
The special thing about this property is that it is completely self-sufficient, both in terms of energy and water. Thanks to the many hours of sunshine in this region, there is sufficient energy yield in summer and winter. Under the house there is a tank where the rainwater that falls in the winter is collected. With 70 cubic meters (70,000 liters), this is more than enough to meet the household needs. In a region where there are often large shortages of water, it is nice to always have water.
• living room
• open kitchen
• 3 double bedrooms
• 2 bathrooms with walk-in shower and toilet
• large workspace
• large garden / olive grove
• covered parking space
Facilities and extras:
• Good cooling by means of ceiling fan lamp.
• Heating through a wood stove.
• Water from a storage tank with collected rain water (municipality water supply installed).
• Fast and stable wifi internet.
• Tv via dish (Canal Digital for Belgium and the Netherlands).
• Solar system with inverter 220V, 4Kw storage (mains connection possible).
• High quality aluminum window frames with double glazing.
• All doors and windows have bug screens.
• Ample parking space with also a covered parking space and a wood storage
Facilities in the vicinity:
• Medical Center
• Several supermarkets 5 min. Away.
• Various shops such as a bakery, hairdresser, hardware store etc.
• Primary school
• Fuel supply
• Restaurants also open in the winter.
• Beach is five minutes away.
• Zakynthos town 20 min.
• Airport 20 min.
• Port at 20 min.
• Bicycles, cars or scooters for rent
• Walking routes
• Guided nature tours
• Horse riding
• Windsurfing, snorkeling, diving
• Boat rental
• Sea within walking distance - 1.4 km
• Swimming pool
• Tennis court
Price € 225,000
Price / sq metre: €/m² 1,406.25
Agency: Elxis Greek Real Estate Services BV